Projects Guided :
Number of UG project guided: 10
Number of PG project guided: 02
National Conference : 02
International journals : 07
International Conferences: 16
Book Chapter: 01
List of Publications:
International Journal :
- 1. Shanthakumari K. Meena P. Uma Rao K. Prema V., " Modelling , Parametric estimation and testing of a low power PV panel", International Journal on Energy Conservation (IRECON), Vol.1, N.4, July 2013, ISSN 2281-5295, pages 196-202
- Prema V and Uma Rao K, "Application of Curve Fitting and Surface Fitting Tools for High Leverage Points and Outliers of Wind Speed Prediction", International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), Volume 4 Issue 4, April 2015, pp. 2585-2588
- Prema V, Uma Rao K, "Development of statistical time series models for solar power Prediction", Renewable Energy, Elsevier, Volume 83, April 2015, DOI: 10.1016/j.renene.2015.03.038, pp. 100-199
Prema.V , K. Uma Rao, “Time series decomposition model for accurate wind speed forecast" , Springer , Renewables : Wind, Water and Solar, Vol 2, Issue 1, http://www.springer.com/-/0/AVESpMJt2brxj7RSeAZI
Uma Rao K., Prema. V, "An Innovative Multi-Disciplinary Active Learning Task Towards OBE-A Case Study" Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, [S.I.], Jan. 2016, ISSN 2394-1707. Pp: 584-588.
Uma Rao K., Prema, V., “Personalized assignments to address skills in a heterogeneous classroom: A case study of a course on ‘Smart grid technologies”, Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, [S.l.], jan. 2017. ISSN 2394-1707, Vol.30 Issue 3, Pp: 584-588 Available at: http://www.journaleet.org/index.php/jeet/article/view/110591/77726
Prema V, Uma Rao K, “Interactive Graphical User Interface (GUI) for Wind Speed Prediction Using Wavelet and Artificial Neural Network”, Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series B, 99(5), 467-477, May 2018, ISSN 2250-2106, https://doi.org/10.1007/s40031-018-0339-3
International Conference ;
- Prema V, Dr. K Uma Rao and AmitClosepet, "Optimization of Stand-Alone Solar Plant with GUI Support", 7thInternational Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication Technologies (ICACCT-2013) on 16th Nov 2013 at APIIT, Panipat, India. ISBN: 978-93-83083-38-1, Volume-4, page 210-216
- ShantaKumari K, Prema V., Uma Rao K. and P.Meena, "Efficient MPPT for a Stand-alone Photovoltaic System", International Conference on Renewable Energy and Sustainable Energy [ICRESE'13] on 5th & 6th December 2013 at Karunya University, Coimbatore, India. DOI:10/1109.ICRESE.2013.6927817, pp.213-220
- Prema V., Uma Rao K, "Predictive Models For Power Management Of A Hybrid Microgrid-A Review", 2nd International Conference on Advances in Energy Conversion Technologies (ICAECT 2014) on 23rd -25th Jan 2014 at Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal. ISBN 978-1-4799-2206-2/14, page 7-12
- Prema V, Dr. K Uma Rao and AmitClosepet, "A Novel Predictive DSM Strategy to Match Power Outage Pattern for Optimal Cost with Solar and Diesel Power", IEEE Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference - Asia (ISGT ASIA 2014) on 20 - 23 May 2014 at Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, DOI:10.1109/ISGT-Asia.2014.6873821, pp. 377-382
- Smitha K., Prema V., Uma Rao K., Nalina U., Bake Harsha, " Improvement of time series models to handle extreme data in solar irradiance prediction", second International conference on emerging research in computing, information, communication and applications (ERCICA 2014), Elsevier, Bangalore, August 1st – 2nd, 2014.
- Nalina U., Prema V, Smitha K, and Uma Rao K., "Multivariate Regression for Prediction of Solar Irradiance", International Conference on Data Science & Engineering (ICDSE-2014) on 26-28 Aug 2014 at Cochin University of Science & Technology, Kerala, DOI: 10.1109/ICDSE.2014.6974633, pp. 177-181
- Arjun N.N., Prema V., Krishna Kumar D., Prashanth P., SumanthaPreekshit V. and Uma Rao K., "Multivariate Regression models for prediction of wind speed", International Conference on Data Science & Engineering (ICDSE-2014) on 26-28 Aug 2014 at Cochin University of Science & Technology, Kerala, DOI: 10.1109/ICDSE.2014.6974633, pp. 171-176
- Rajananda Kishore G, Prema V and Dr. K. Uma Rao, "Multivariate Wind Power Forecast using Artificial Neural Network", at IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference - South Asia Satellite (GHTC-SAS-2014) on 26-27 September 2014 at Hotel UdaySamudra, Thiruvananthapuram, DOI: 10.1109/GHTC-SAS.2014.6967576, pp. 159-163
- Uma Rao K and Prema V., "Simulation Tools for Introduction of DSP in a UG Program : A Teaching Experience", at 2nd International Conference on Transformations in Engineering Education (ICTIEE 2015) on 6-8 Jan 2015 at BMSCE, Bangalore
Prema V., K. Uma Rao, Jnaneswar B.S., Badarish C.A., Patil Shreenidhi Ashok, Siddarth Agarwal, “Application of Hybrid Neuro-Wavelet Models for Effective Prediction of Wind Speed”, International Symposium on Intelligent Systems Technologies and Applications (ISTA 2015), 10-13 Aug 2015, Kochi
Prema.V, Swagatha Dutta, K. Uma Rao, Shriya Shekar, B.S.Kariyappa, “ Effective battery usage strategies for effective hybrid power management”, 2015 International Conference on Power and Advanced Control Engineering (ICPACE) 978-1-4799-8371-1/15©2015 IEEE, pp 95-99, August 12-13, 2015, BNMIT, Bangalore
Prema.V, Swagatha Dutta, K. Uma Rao, “An effective dispatch strategy for hybrid power management”, IEEE TENCON 2015, Nov 1-4, Macau.
Prema V., Jnaneswar B.S., Badarish C.A., Patil Shreenidhi Ashok, Siddarth Agarwal, Uma Rao K, “ Novel Training Strategies for Wavelet-Neuro Models for Wind Speed Prediction”, IEEE TENCON 2015, Nov 1-4, Macau.
- Prema V, Uma Rao K, “Sizing of Microgrids for Indian Systems using HOMER”, IEEE First International Conference on Power Electronics, Intelligent Control and Energy Systems (ICPIECES 2016), Delhi Technological University, Delhi, 4-5 July 2016, pp 995-999
- Uma Rao K, Prema V, “Personalized assignments to address skills in a heterogeneous classroom: A case study of a course on ‘Smart grid technologies”, at 4th International Conference on Transformations in Engineering Education (ICTIEE 2017) on 6-8 Jan 2017 at Vardhaman College of Engineering, Hyderabad.
- Deepak Vasanth Kallanavar, Prema V, Ganesh Shankar, “Power Supply for Smart Meters”, at International Conference on Smart Grids, Power and Advanced Control Engineering (ICSPACE 2017) at GATT, Bangalore on 17 – 19 Aug 2017. Pp 76 to 81
- Raj V Jain, Prema V, “Concentrated Photovoltaics – A Review” National Conference on ‘Recent trends in Electrical Engineering, SKIT, Bangalore on 8th May 2013.
Prema V, Uma Rao K, “Integrated Intelligent Power Management Strategy (IIPMS) to optimize green energy usage in standalone microgrid”, Proceedings of the 20th National Power Systems Conference (NPSC) - 2018, December 14-16, NIT Tiruchirappalli, India
- V.Prema, K. Uma Rao, “Application of Hybrid Neuro-Wavelet Models for Effective Prediction of Wind Speed” Springer lecture notes on Intelligent Systems Technologies and Applications”,edited by Berretti, S. and Thampi, S.M. and Srivastava, P.R., “Volume 1, pages 345-354, Year 2015, Springer International Publishing, ISBN 9783319230368, url: https://books.google.co.in/books?id=D111CgAAQBAJ
- Delivered a guest lecture on ‘An Introduction to the software- R’ at The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore on 11-02-2015
- Chaired the special session on forecast and power management of Renewable Sources in a Micro Grid at IEEE TENCON 2015, Macau, China
- Delivered one day hands-on training on signal processing toolbox as a part of 1week workshop on ‘MATLAB for Electrical Engineers’ at Global Academy of Technology, Bangalore on 29-07-2016
- Delivered two days hands-on training on MATLAB for power system applications as a part of 2weeks workshop on ‘MATLAB in Power systems’ at BLDEA's CET, Vijayapur on 21st and 22nd Nov 2017
- Delivered two days hands-on training on MATLAB toolboxes for neural network, fuzzy logic and GUI applications as a part of 2weeks workshop on ‘MATLAB in Power systems’ at MIT, Manipal on 30th Nov and 1st Dec 2017
Delivered technical talk on “Renewable Energy Forecasting” at JSS Science & Technology University, Mysore on 18th December 2018 as a part of one week workshop on “Recent Trends in Power Sector for Sustainable Development”