- The B.E Program of Department of Telecommunication Engineering is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi in 2015.
- The institution has been chosen under TEQIP Phase II (1.2).The department is also a member for Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Macro Electronics under TEQIP Phase II (1.2.1)
The Department has organized many workshops in collaborations with industries and other academic institutions which has facilitated Post Graduate Students and faculty members.he Faculty of the department have developed laboratory manuals and course materials for specific programs. The Department of Telecommunication Engineering has qualified and experienced faculty with an average experience of 25 years There are 4 PhD holders and 12 persuing PhD and remaining are Post graduates. They are actively involved in Training,Research ,Industry interaction programs and interaction with other organizations. Some of the journals are listed in international database (Google Scholar and scopus). The department releases the newsletter every year on the day of World Telecom Day celebrations named "Tarangavani". Some of the achievements are listed below
- Expert lectures under EDUSAT program of VTU on core subjects
- Involved in NPTEL Course material preparation for various subjects
- Entrepreneurship training program for students
- Involved in Funded project and training and consultancy
- Conduction of training programs for the employees of various organizations like LRDE, CAIR, GTRE,TCS and Border security force(BSF)
- The Publications of faculty are in High impact factor journals and conferences. The impact factor of the journals vary in a range of 1-7.2 and H-Index range varies from 1-5 and average citation index is 25.
Faculty have been honored by ISTE, RVCE Chapter for publishing Books. Faculty members of the department have authored following Text books are listed below
- Fundamentals of Satellite Communication, first edition 2004 (2006 third reprint), Published by Prentice Hall India Pvt. Ltd., Delhi.
- Fundamentals Of Satellite Communication”, Second edition 2012, Published by Prentice Hall India Pvt. Ltd., Delhi.ISBN.NO. 978-81-203-2401-5.
- "Electronic Circuits", first edition 2004, Published by Subhas Publications.
- "Power Electronics", first edition 2004, Published by Subhas Publications.
- "Signals & Systems", first edition 2003(Revised Edition 2004), Published by Scitech Publication, Chennai, ISBN No.8188429260.
Faculty have obtained Best Teacher Award for their excellent teaching instituted by M/s.Cognizant Technologies.
- Dr.G.Sadashivappa has been awarded as “Best Teacher’s Award” on ISTE Teachers day celebration by ISTE-RVCE in 2015
- Dr. G.Sadashivappa awarded with certificate of honour for achieving academic excellence through research presentation by ISTE-RVCE chapter in 2008.
Prof. K.N.Rajarao had been awarded with Distinction Service award from RVCE.
Prof. K.N.Rajarao had been awarded as best Faculty Gold medal Award by M/S Cognizant Technologies: 2007.
- Prof. P.Nagaraju had been honoured by ISTE, RVCE Chapter on 7-04-2004 for co-authoring book titled “SIGNALS & SYSTEMS” Published by Scitech Publication Chennai (Coauthored by Dr. H V Kumarswamy RVCE, Bangalore.)
Prof. K.Sreelakshmi has been recognized for academic excellence on September 9th 2008, by ISTE-RVCE Chapter.
Prof. K.Sreelakshmi has been honored for publishing papers in International journals on 26th January 2009, by RSST.
- Prof.K.Nagaman has awarded Ph.D degree from VTU on Feb2015 under Telecommunication Research centre, RVCE
- Prof. Mohana had been awarded for a best paper award at National conference on “Emerging Trends in Engineering Technologies” (ETET-2014), 21st & 22nd February 2014 at Jyothy institute of Technology, Bangalore-560062.
- Prof. Mohana has been awarded as Young investigator award from Interscience Research Network (IRNet) for paper presented at International conference on Software Technology and Computer Engineering (ICSTACE) held at Vijayawada on 22nd July, 2012.
IEEE & IETE Students Chapter for Technical activities have been established. Students are actively participating in many Inter College level competitions and had won several prizes. Students are organizing and conducting "Connect",an Annual Techno cultral event. There is an active participation in NSS, NCC activities by our students.
- Under Graduate students have obtained total of Thirty five ranks in VTU Examination and Post Graduate students have bagged six ranks in VTU Examination till date.
- Number of students appeared and qualified in GATE / CAT / GRE / Central / State services through competitive examinations
- Students have published papers in both National and International Journals and presented around thirty papers in National and International Conferences.
- A departmental magazine “Taragavani” is published by students every year during "CONNECT"" an Annual Inter-collegiate Techno cultural event on the eve of " World Telecommunication and Information Society Day" every year under which various competitions are held such as Paper presentation, Project exhibition, Quizzes, Mock CAT and GRE, Street play, Brain storm, Informal competitions and gaming..
- Students have been participating in the Sports Competitions every year in the Inter College level and in State level and won several shields and Medals.
- Students have participated in various project design contest and exhibitions
Publication of technical magazines, newsletters
Name Of The Technical Magazine