The Department has organized many workshops in collaboration with industries and other academic institutions which has facilitated UG and PG Students and faculty members. The Faculty of the department have developed laboratory manuals and course materials for specific programs. The Department of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering has qualified and experienced faculty members with an average experience of 25 years. There are 11 PhD holders and 10 are persuing PhD. They are actively involved in Training, Research, Industry interaction programs and interaction with other organizations.
- Conducted Expert lectures under EDUSAT program of VTU on core subjects
- Involved in NPTEL Course material preparation for various subjects
- Entrepreneurship training program for students
- Involved in Funded project and training and consultancy
- Conduction of training programs for the employees of various organizations like LRDE, CAIR, GTRE,TCS and Border security force(BSF)
- The Publications of faculty are in High impact factor journals and conferences.
(i) Books Published by Faculty:
Faculty have been honored by ISTE, RVCE Chapter for publishing Books. Faculty members of the department have authored following Text books are listed below
Fundamentals of Satellite Communication, first edition 2004 (2006 third reprint), Published by Prentice Hall India Pvt. Ltd., Delhi.
Author: Prof. K. N. Raja Rao
Fundamentals Of Satellite Communication”, Second edition 2012, Published by Prentice Hall India Pvt. Ltd., Delhi.ISBN.NO. 978-81-203-2401-5.
Author: Prof. K. N. Raja Rao
"Electronic Circuits", first edition 2004, Published by Subhas Publications.
Author: Dr. G. Sadashivappa
"Power Electronics", first edition 2004, Published by Subhas Publications.
Author: Dr. G. Sadashivappa
"Signals & Systems", first edition 2003(Revised Edition 2004), Published by Scitech Publication, Chennai, ISBN No.8188429260.
Authors: Dr. H. V. Kumaraswamy , Prof. P. Nagaraju
(ii) Invited Talks Delivered by Faculty:
- Dr. K. Sreelakshmi delivered a talk on "Electronic Computer Hardware & Networking" in Bharath Electronics Limited, Bengaluru on 19th May 2022.
Dr. G. Sadashivappa delivered a talk on " Qualitative and Quantitative approaches for quality assurance through performance indicators in Engineering Institutions" in Pune Institute of Computer & Technology, Pune from 3rd, 4th of May 2022.
Dr. K. Nagamani delivered a talk on “ Academic activities planned under IEEE SPS -2022 on 5th march 2022 at IISc , Bengaluru, and an Invited talk on Impact of Internet of Things at present and in future prospects, at Government Engineering College, Ramanagara on 10th July 2021.
Dr. Bhagya R. delivered a talk on "Communication protocols in Electric Vehicles" on 15th Jan 2022 organized by IETE.
Dr. Bhagya R delivered an invited talk on “Communication protocols in Electric Vehicles” on 15th Jan. 2022, organized by IETE, Bengaluru.
Dr. Bhagya R organized A “Hands on using Qualnet”, Workshop on Future of 5G with Software Defined Radio on 8/3/2022 under IEEE RVCE SPS student chapter in association with IEEE SPS Bangalore chapter in association with Dayanandasagar college of engineering.
Mr. Rakesh K. R. gave a hands on experience on “Augmented Reality” on 29th March 2022 at RVITM, Bengaluru.
(iii) Best Paper Awards :
Varadi Rajesh, Umesh Parameshwar Naik and Mohana, “ Quantum Convolutional Neural Networks using Deep Learning for Computer Vision Applications”, International conference on recent trends in Electronics , Information, Communication & Technology-RTEICT, 27th and 28th Aug.2021.
Skanda C., Srivatsa B., Premananda B. S., “ Design of compact energy efficient banyan network for Nano communication , IEEE International conference on Distributed computing, VLSI , Electrical Circuits, Robotics, 19th and 20th Nov 2021.
- Drrithi Ranganath got selected for All India Thal Sainik Camp at New Delhi. She was selected for Obstacle Course Event and got a Bronze medal.
- Prajwal R. is one among the 10 cadets who were selected for the Independence day camp 2022, New Delhi, also represented folk culture of the Karnataka state in the Inter-Directorate Cultural Event which took place at DGNCC, New Delhi.
- Aishwarya R. won a gold medal in the inter company cultural competition, also represented college in the Firing competition conducted by Regiment.
- Sumukha S.Srivatsa is selected for MITACS Globalink research fellowship - 2021 titled Pedersoli Reinforcement learning for Automatic Data Augmentation at Montreal, Canada.
- Arnav Singh participated in street play competition in “MOOD INDGO 2021”, IIT Bombay in 2021.
- Mithun P. got elite NPTEL Certification for the course “Problem solving through Programming in C”.
- Nipun Sagiraju won 2nd place for the designing of RLC circuits competition called “Dare to Design” conducted conducted by NITK.
- A.M. Anjana Sundari participated in the world level IEEE ComSoc student competition communications technology changing the world.
- Ananya Maiya and Meghana G. received the appreciation certificate from WIRIN for executing project on “ Design and Implementation of Wi-Fi enabled V2V communication system” in 2021.
- Sharmada K. participated in VTU intercollegiate Bangalore zone Volley ball tournament held at NMIT and Kabaddi tournament held at KSIT, Bengaluru.
- Project Titled "Smart Vehicular System", carried out by Students Upendra Shetty D.R. Deekshit Ananta, Rachana and Shreyas won First prize - cash reward of ₹ 10,000 at Project competition "Telecombat" organized by IEEE BMSCE and Dept of Telecommunication Engineering, B.M.S.Collge of Engineering on 16th July 2022 under the guidance of Dr. Bhagya R, Associate Professor, Dept. of ETE, RVCE
Techno Creativity, an Experiential Learning exhibition conducted for the very 1st time in RV College of Engineering on 23 September 2022 AICTE-SPICES & SCIENCE FORUM RVCE.This event was well appreciated by the students and faculties and requested the organisers to continue this event after every semester.
The project title IOT based Smart Plant monitoring system carried out by the students named Avik Trilok and Arjun of second semester ,under the guidance of Dr Swarna M patra, Assistant prof. Dept. Of Chemistry, Dr K Saraswathi, Associate Prof. ,Dept. Of ETE, recognised as one of the best projects.