|Associate Professor & HOD|
|Experience||Teaching: 6.5 Years, Industrial: 9.5 Years, Research : 5.0 Years|
|Area of Interest||Medicinal Chemistry, Organic Synthesis, Organic materials synthesis|
|Date of Joining RVCE||09.04.2012|
Number of PG projects guided : 02
List of National Journals publications:
1. R M Melawanki, N, R Patil, R A Kusanur, Steady state and time resolved methods of fluorescence quenching of three coumarin dyes using S-V plots. Indian Journal of pure and applied physics 49,748-753, 2011.
List of International Journals publications:
Koppal, V. V., Melavanki, R. M., Kusanur, R. A., Patil, N. R. Understanding fluorescence resonance energy transfer between biologically active coumarin derivative and silver nanoparticles using steady state and time resolved spectroscopic methods. Journal of Molecular Liquids, 269, 381-386, 2018.
Koppal, V. V., Melavanki, R. M., Kusanur, R. A., Patil, N. R., Bimolecular fluorescence quenching reactions of the biologically active coumarin composite 2‐acetyl‐3H‐benzo [f] chromen‐3‐one in different solvents. Luminescence, https://doi.org/10.1002/bio.3502, 2018.
N. R. Patil, R. A. Kusanur, V. V. Koppal, R. M. Melavanki, P. Bhavya, A role of solvent polarity on bimolecular quenching reactions of 3-acetyl-7-(diethylamino)-2H-chromen-2-one in binary solvent mixtures, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 260, 221-228, 2018.
Effect of viscosity and dielectric constant variation on fractional fluorescence quenching analysis of coumarin dye in binary solvent mixtures, P. Bhavya, Raveendra Melavanki, Raviraj Kusanur, Kalpana Sharma, V. T. Muttannavar , L. R. Naik, Luminescence, 33(5), 933-940, 2018.
- RM Melavanki, Raviraj A Kusanur, D Nagaraja, "Binding of boronic acids with sugars in aqueous solution at physiological pH - Estimation of association and dissociation constants using spectroscopic method", Journal of Molecular Liquids, 227, 37–43, 2017.
- H. S. Geethanjali, R. M. Melavanki, D. Nagaraja, N. R. Patil, R. A. Kusanur. "Specific interactions of alcohols and non-alcohols with a biologically active boronic acid derivative: a spectroscopic study", Journal of Luminescence, 31(5),1046–1053, 2016.
- H.S. Geethanjali, D.Nagaraja, R.M.Melavanki, R.A.Kusanur Fluorescence quenching of boronic acid derivatives by aniline in alcohols – A Negative deviation from Stern–Volmer equation. Journal of Luminescence 167, 216–221, 2015.
- S.S. Patil , G.V. Muddapur , N.R. Patil, R.A. Kusanur R.M. Melavanki, Fluorescence characteristics of aryl boronic acid derivate (PBA), Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy 138, 85–91, 2015.
- D Nagaraja, R M Melavanki, N R Patil, R A Kusanur, Solvent effect on the relative quantum yield and fluorescence quenching of a newly synthesized coumarin derivative. Luminescence, Aug 2014, DOI 10.1002/bio.2766.
- Raviraj A Kusanur, Manohar V Kulkarni, A Novel Route for the Synthesis of Racemic 4-(Coumaryl) Alanines and Their Antimicrobial Activity. Asian Journal of Cheimistry, Vol. 26, No. 4, 1077-1080, 2014.
- D Nagaraja, R M Melavanki, N R Patil, R A Kusanur Solvent effect on the relative quantum yield and fluorescence quenching of 2DAM. SpectrochimicaActa Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy 03/2014; 130C:122-128
- N. R. Patil, Shivaram N. Patil, R.A. Kusanur, R.M. Melavanki, Photophysical characteristics of two novel coumarin derivatives: Experimental and theoretical estimation of dipole moments by Solvatochromic shift method. Canadian Journal of Physics 02/2014
- N.R. Patil, S. N. Patil, R.A. Kusanur, R.M. Melavanki. Spectroscopic properties and estimation of ground and excited state dipole moments of biologically active fluorescent molecule from absorption and emission spectra. International Journal of Life Science and Pharma Research. 01/2014; 4(1):L- 11 to L-20
- D. Nagaraja, R.M. Melavanki, N.R. Patil, R.A. Kusanur, J. Thipperudrappa, Quenching of the excitation energy of coumarin dyes by aniline, Can. J. Phys. 91: 976–980 (2013) dx.doi.org/10.1139/cjp-2013-0009
- R M Melavanki, N R Patil, R A Kusanur, D Nagaraja.,Solvent effect on fluorescence quenching of biologically active 6-methoxy-4-azidomethyl coumarin by aniline in different solvents. Indian Journal of Pure & Applied Physics Vol. 51, April 2013.
- Raviraj A Kusanur, Mahesh R, Synthesis and anti-microbial study of 4-Oxadiazolyl indazoles. International Journal of life and Pharma Research Vol 3/Issue 2/Apr-Jun 2013, ISSN 2250-0480.
- J. Thipperudrappa, R. M. Melavanki, Raviraj A Kusanur, Quenching of the Fluorescence of a Coumarin Derivative by Aromatic Amines. Journal of Engineering, Computers & Applied Sciences (JEC&AS) ISSN No: 2319-5606 Volume 1, No.3, December 2012.
- D. Nagaraja, N.R. Patil, Raviraj.A.Kusanur, H.D. Patil, R. M. Melavanki. Photo physical properties of two coumarin derivatives using solvatochromic shift method. International Journal of life and Pharma Research Vol 3/Issue 1/Jan-Mar 2013 ISSN 2250-0480.
- D. Nagaraja, N.R. Patil, Raviraj.A.Kusanur, H.D. Patil, R. M. Melavanki Estimation of Ground and Excited State Dipole Moments of Coumarin Derivatives by SolvatochromicMethod. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 2, Issue 12, ISSN 23250-315, December 2012.
- Raveendra M. Melavanki, Raviraj A. Kusanur, Jagadish S. Kadadevaramath, Manohar V. Kulkarni, Effect of Solvent Polarity on the Fluorescence Quenchingof Biologically Active 5BAMC by Aniline in Binary Solvent Mixtures. J Fluoresc DOI 10.1007/s10895-010-0664-7, Apr-2010.
- Raviraj A. Kusanur, Manohar V. Kulkarni, Geetha M. Kulkarni. Tayur N. Guru Rao, Chung-Ming Sun,Unusual Anisotropic Effects from 1,3-Dipolar Cycloadducts of 4-Azidomethyl Coumarin. Journal of heterocyclic chemistry, 47, 91-97, 2010.
List of International Conference publications:
- Presented a paper “Solvent effect on absorption and Fluorescence spectra of 3MPBA: Evaluation of ground and excited state dipole moment”. In 5th international conference on Luminescence and its Application (ICLA 2015) During February 9-12, 2015.
- Received Gold Medal for securing first rank in M.Sc (Chemistry)
- Dihydroorotate dehydrogenase Inhibitors (WO/2010/115736)
- DHODH Inhibitors (IPCT/EP2010/054034)
- DHODH Inhibitors (US2012/0028959)