- Dr. R. Suresh has successfully completed four projects funded by (AICTE, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Naval Research Board, CTI BHEL) as Principal Investigator and one funded project (DST) as Co-investigator.
- Dr. Rajalakshmi M. has been awarded a grant of Rs. 27 lakhs under the National Uranium Project, Phase-II by the Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences.
- Dr. A.R. Phani, Director, INM Technologies, and Adjunct Professor, R.V.C.E. has guided and employed interns from the department.
- Dr. J.H. Patil was appointed as Chief Examiner of KRLMPCA-CET 2009-2010.
Graduating class - PG
- Mr. Joseph Amruthraj (Class of 2016) secured the winning position on 18 Mar 2015, and third position on 21 Mar 2014, in Intercollegiate Softball, both at SJM Institute of Technology, Chiradurga.
Graduating class - UG
- Two students from the class of 2016:
- Ms. Poornima Ramamohan (rank 58, score 745, 99.6 percentile);
- Mr. Suddhadeep Sarkar (rank 825, score 505, 94.8 percentile)
- Mr. Asheesh Padiyar and Mr. K. Prateek Kumar (Class of 2017) assisted by Mr. Vikram (Class of 2017) won the "GO GREEN" cash award for design and fabrication of a catalytic converter for the Team Helios car Ashwa of RVCE at the racing event of BAJA SAE INDIA 2016, Indore, Feb 2016.
- Ms. Neha Agarwal (Class of 2016) won the first place in Manual Robotics at "Shaastra", I.I.T. Madras in 2015.
- Mr. Rickson secured the winning position in 84 kg category, and third position in 94 kg category for Weightlifting in the "InterCollegiate InterZone Tournament/Competition" held at NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte from 20-22 Sept. 2014.
- Mr. Karthik S.S. (Class of 2014) received a certificate of achievement for qualifying for the Singapore International Violin Competition on 10 Sept. 2014.
- Mr. Ashwanth Subramanian (Class of 2016) participated in the “Outreach” Summer Internship program in the Chemical Engineering department, I.I.Sc. Bangalore from 18 May to 23 Jul 2015.
He also interned with Michelin India Tamilnadu Tyres Pvt. Ltd. from 4 Jul to 1 Aug 2014.
- Ms. Abitha Dhavamani (Class of 2013) was awarded the IIChE outstanding chemical engineering student award for the year 2013.
- Mr. Ashish Shekar (Class of 2012) was awarded the TCS Best outgoing student of R.V. College for the year 2011-12 by TCS.
- Mr. Ravishankar Mishra (Class of 2012) was awarded Akzo Nobel Excellency Award 2011-12 by Akzo Nobel Coatings; and Best outgoing student of the Chemical Engineering Department, RVCE for the year 2011-12 by CTS.
- Mr. Jani Jagat M., Mr. Johan S. Alva, Mr. Devesh Kumar and Mr. Bipin Tiwari (Class of 2012) bagged the Motorola Scholar Award 2011-12 of Motorola Solutions Foundation USA for their project “Studies on Biofuel from Algae using Sewage Water as Source of Nutrient” under the guidance of Prof. D Ranganath.
- Mr. Ravishankar Mishra, Mr. Sanjay Nair, Mr. Rohit S Kulkarni and Ms. Anusha R (Class of 2012) bagged the Best Innovative Project 2011-12 of EDCell RVCE for their DST and NSTEDB project “Catalytic Cracking of Plastic Waste to Fuel Oil” under the guidance of Prof. D Ranganath.