|Qualification||B.E, M.S, Ph.D|
Teaching : 25 years , Research : 14 years
|Area of Interest||Data Mining, Image Processing, Networking|
|Date of joining RVCE||06-10-1994|
Number of UG projects guided: 30
Number of PG projects guided: 40
Number of Ph.D student guiding:07
Number of Ph.Ds. awarded : 07
National Journals: 2
National Conferences: 2
International Journals: 75
International Conferences: 72
List of Publications: National / International Journals Click Here
List of Publications: National / International Conferences Click Here
Consultancy and Funded Research Projects: Click Here
MANAGEMENT ROLES: Click Here
Reviewer- List of Journals/International Conferences : Click Here
- System And Apparatus For Preventing Shoulder Surfing In Secure Electronic Transactions, Azra, Shobha, Poornanand Naik, Application Number 201941000753, dated 7-01-2019.
- AUTOMATED TEST SCRIPT GENERATION FROM VOICE OR SPEECH IN NATURAL LANGUAGE BASED ON CODE COMMENTS, Application Number:201841002384, dated 20-1-2018.
- Aadhaar Enabled Network Water Monitoring and Distribution System, Dr.Shobha, Girish Rao Salanke N S, Shubham Milind Phal, Application Number 201841013769, dated 11-4-2018.
Method, System and Apparatus for Providing Efficient and Secured Authentication using Biometric Credentials, Sneha M, Shobha G, Shakthi, Rahul, Application Number 201841036854, dated 26-9-18.
Book Chapter Published
Shobha G, Shantha Rangaswamy , chapter on ‘ Machine Learning’ Handbook of Statistics’ . https://doi.org/10.1016/bs.host.2018.07.004, Venkat N. Gudivada, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, United States, C.R. Rao AIMSCS, University of Hyderabad Campus, Hyderabad, India, © 2018 Elsevier B.V.ARTICLE
MEMBER OF BOS/ SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
BoS member at Reva Institute of Technology, Bangalore , 2013 – till date
Doctoral Committee member at Vellore Institute of Technology, 2013 – till date
Adjunct Faculty for Texila American University , Gayana, North America,2014 – till date
Research Progress committee, Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok -2015 – till date
Nominated by VTU as a BoS member at SIT, Tumkur, 2015
HPCC community Recognition Award by LexisNexis 2020. For details, click the link https://api.badgr.io/public/assertions/C-PDIR4TQM6KJdvsNVDLCg?identity__email=shobhag%40rvce.edu.in
IBM Shared University Research Award for 9.37lakhs for the project “Water Leakage Detectiuon System”, 2019.
GHC scholarship to attend conference on "Women in Computing", Grace Hopper Celebration, Sept 26-28, Houston, Texas 2018
Career award for young teachers for the year 2007-08 by AICTE.
Honored by Rashtriya Shikshana Trust for achieving excellence in education -2004,2005,2006,2007,2008.
Won best paper award for paper titled “Egocentric Network Analysis to score the Telecom Customers”, IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research(ICCIC), Madurai, India, 26-28, pp. 471-476, December 2013
Won best paper award for paper titled “ Social Network classifier for churn prediction in telecom data “ 19th-21st Dec 2013, Shri Eshwari College of Engineering Coimbatore
Nominated for Marquis Who's Who Publications 2015 for research actives.
Shortlisted and recommended for UGC Research Award for the year 2016-18
ISTE -Research award sponsored by Cognizant 2016.
Accenture Woman award for best teacher
Travel Grant received for Presenting papers in International Conferences from AICTE, UGC and CSI.
- Proposal on the course offer during summer titled "Big Data Analytics Using Distributed Platforms" is accepted at Bremen University, Germany
- Main co-ordinate for RVCE – HPCC Systems Centre of Excellence in Cognitive Intelligent Systems for Sustainable Solutions
- Recognised resource person for HPCC systems, details are at https://hpccsystems.com/community/academics/rv-college-of-engineering
- Adjunct Professor, Texila American University, Gayana, North America
- Sponsored Research projects from Cisco and Citrix worth INR 13 Lakhs
- Travel grant was sponsored by Computer Society of India,to present a Paper on “e-market Integrator” in an International Conference on signal Processing, 2004,Beijing,China
- Travel Grant was sponsored by UGC to present a paper on “Mining Association Rules from Large Data Sets”, in an International Conference on Data Mining, 2006, Las Vegas, USA.
- Travel Grant was sponsored by AICTE to present a paper on “ Predictor System for Induustrial data “ in an Iinternational conference on innovative computing, information and control,IEEE, 2007, Kumamato, Japan,
- Travel Grant was sponsored by AICTE(CATY) to present a paper on “ Document Classifier based on Statistical and unsupervised machine learning “ in an Iinternational conference on Computational and Mathematical Sciences , 2009 , Paris, France ,
- Travel Grant was sponsored by AICTE(CATY) to present a paper on “ Adaptive Background Modeling and Foreground Detection in Video Sequence Using Artificial Neural Network “ in an Iinternational conference onElectrical, Computer , Electronics and Biomedical Engineering , 2012 , Dubai(UAE)
- Travel Grant was sponsored by AICTE(CATY) to visit Melboune University, Australia to work with Professors at University in Cloud Computing, 2013.
- Reviewer for various international Journals/Conferences.
- Program chair for International Conference International Conference on Computational Systems and Information Technology for Sustainable Solutions (CSITSS)-2016
PROFESSIONAL BODY MEMBERSHIP
CSI (member ship No. 0088323)
ISTE(member ship No. LM33399)
IEEE member for Computational Intelligence - 93241216
Membership for “The Society of Digital Information and Wireless Communication” ID : 116
Orcid Id: 0000-0001-8533-631X
1. Data Structures using Java Mc-Graw-Hill publications – 2009.
2.Java & J2MEE Mc-Graw-Hill publications – 2010.
3. Fundamentals of C Programming- Oxford Publications – 2011.
4.Object Oriented Programming with C++, Balaguruswamy, Mc-Graw-Hill publications 2012
5. Image Processing – University Press, Hyderabad-2012.
6. Python Programming using problem approach -by Reema Thareja
“Vehicular Adhoc Netorks”, B S Shylaja from Anna University,2010
“An Enhanced Text Document Classification Based on Terms and Synonyms Relation “ Ms. Praneetha K from B S Abdur Rahman University , 2012.
“Knowledge Based Information Retrieval for Syntactic Analysis of Kannada Script”, B M Sagar from Avinashilingam University,2013
“Certain Improvements in Touting Algorithm Using Soft Computing Techniques For Wireless Networks”, Mr. V. Ponniyin Selvan, Anna University , 2014.
B H Chandrashekar, "intelligent Search Engine", Avinashlingamm, Coimbatore, 2017.
"Facial Expression Recognition Using Hybrid Approach " , Mahesh M Goyani, Department of Computer Science & Engg., Charotar University of Science & Technology, Changa, Gujarath , India.