M.Tech in Bio-Medical Signal Processing & IT
|Course Type||Post Graduation|
|Duration||2 years (4 semesters)|
About the Course
Biomedical Signal Processing and Instrumentation (BSP&I) is a multidisciplinary field in which the principles of engineering are applied for solving problems in Bio-Medical field for the benefit of mankind. It applies quantitative, analytical, hardware(H/W) & software(S/W) methods from the molecular level to that of the whole organism, which help in better understanding of basic biological processes and to develop innovative techniques for the diagnosis, treatment & prevention of disease.
Highlights of the Course
- Class rooms with audiovisual facilities.
- Laboratories with licensed soft wares.
- MOU with St.John’s Medical Academy, Bangalore for carrying out Project and Research work.
- The Department has library with all the required books.
- Hi Tech seminar Hall with Audio Visual system along with AC.
- The students have transportation facility for coming to the college.
- The girl students have a rest room.
- Basic amenities available.
- Canteen, Bank, Health centre, Medical shop and a Post office are available in the campus.
- First-Aid box is available in the department.
- Browsing centre facility available throughout the day.
- College Main Library facility with National & International Journals.
- Digital Library with subscription to Science direct, IEEE and Springer Verlag publications, etc., are available.
- All staff rooms have a computer with internet facility.
- Staff members can draw books even from department library.
- Gate students are provided with Scholarship.
|Lecture Halls||No.s||Avg. Space (Sq. M)||Seating Capacity|
Job potential, Specialization and the market trend, placement record in the area of specialization.
After the “Biomedical Signal Processing & Instrumentation” PG course, a bright career awaits the students at premier Industries & Multi-National Companies, as well in Ultramodern Hospitals, mushrooming all over the country,& there will be a very large demand for this discipline. Modern Biomedical industries / software companies /organizations like GE(Medical), Philips(Medical), Cerner, Siemens( Medical), Wipro (Medical), Cognizent Technologies, Larsen & Turbo (L&T), DEBEL(DRDO) & BIOCON etc., dealing in design and development of new medical equipments & software’s, prefer Biomedical Engineers & Technologists. A student can also pursue further Research in the field of Biomedical Signal & Image Processing, Biomedical Instrumentation, Bio-informatics and Bio-Mechanics, to name a few, both in India and abroad. Through this interdisciplinary course, knowledge to advance the technology and the significance of Bio-medical signal processing and Instrumentation will be delivered towards such goals that ultimately improve health and quality of life.
Many students are placed in GE(Medical), Philips(Medical), Cerner, Siemens( Medical), Wipro (Medical), Cognizent Technologies, Bangalore and other students have joined educational Institutes for choosing their career as teaching and some of them have joined reputed hospitals as Biomedical Engineer. The students also carried their Internship at various Industries like GE, L & T, TCS, Mind Tree & other various companies.
Any other special features
- The Department has bagged University 1st, 2nd and 3rd Ranks in PG Courses constituently.
- Research proposal work on “Insilco Analysis of Rheumatic Arthritis Disease” sanctioned by DRDO Bangalore.
- Department conducted the National Seminar on Emergic Trends in Bio-Medical Signal Processing
- Research proposal work on “Qualitative and Quantitative analysis of Bone abnormality in human being using Image Processing Technique sanctioned by DST, New Delhi.
- Department had an MOU with ST. John’s Medical Academy, Bangalore
- Our students secured best paper award for presenting papers at National Conferences.
Conferences and Workshop Organized
- The Department has conducted a National conference on “Medical Image Processing, COMIP 06” on 6th May 2006.
- The Department has organized Workshop on “Bio-Medical Applications of Virtual Instrumentation” using LabView on 8th May 2007.
- The Department has organized an International conference on “Computers Controls Communications and Instrumentation” (3CI-07) in November 2007 jointly with ECE department.
- The Department has conducted a National conference on “Emerging Trends in Biomedical Signal Processing” on 26th April 2008.
- The Department has conducted a National conference on “Emerging Trends in Biomedical Signal Processing” on Feburary 2011.
M.Tech in Bio-Medical Signal Processing & It - Faculty Details
|Dr. Padmaja||Professor & Associate Dean (I.T)|
|Anand jatti||Associate Professor|
|Soumya M||Assistant Professor|
|Click here to View Instrumentation Technology Department Faculty Details|