- First person to join the Department of Chemical Engineering, and was instrumental in Designing and commissioning of equipments in most of the Laboratories.
- As Group Director of the Foundation for clean Energy and Environment responsible for the operation and maintenance of the 100KWe Biomass gasifier plant of R V College of Engineering.
- Guided more than 50 Undergraduate Projects leading to B.E Chemical Engineering and 2 Post graduate students and 1 PhD Student.
- As a Principal Coordinator RVCE-TIFAC-Hydrogen Economy Technology Program, worked on various project related to Hydrogen production and gas separation in collaboration with BHEL
- Undertaken various funded projects.
- Guiding one PhD (Anna University) student on Power Generation by Gasification Technology Using Expert Controller
- Guiding Two M SC (VTU) students on (i)Long Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastic Direct Inline CM using Jute and (ii) Development of Eco friendly Flame Retardant Nano-Composites using Inorganic Nano Materials
- Successfully completed four funded projects (AICTE, New Delhi, Ministry of Environment and Forests, New Delhi, Naval Research Board, CTI BHEL) as Principal coordinator
- Nominated as a member of the consent committee, Karnataka State Pollution Control Board, Bangalore From April 2009
- Principal coordinator for three ongoing funded research projects (one funded by BHEL Rs 8.8 lakhs, two funded by DRDO Rs 20 lakhs)
- Principal Coordinator RVCE-TIFAC-Hydrogen EconomyTechnology Program, working on various project related to Hydrogen production and usage.
- Group Director of the Foundation for clean Energy and Environment, responsible for the operation and maintenance of the 100KWe Biomass gasifier plant of R V College of Engineering. Part of the power requirements of the college is met.
- First person to join the Department of Chemical Engineering, R V College of Engineering, instrumental in planning and implementing various activities like framing staff structure, establishing laboratories etc.,
- Guided more than 50 Undergraduate Projects leading to B.E Chemical Engineering in R V College of Engineering
- Chief Time Table Officer, R V College of Engineering, Bangalore for the Academic year 2009-2010.
- Resource person to train Chemical Engineering staff of LRDE, DRDO, Bangalore
- Chairman, Board of Studies, R V College of Engineering, Autonomous Scheme 2009-
- Member, Board of Examiners, Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum 2010-2011
List of Publications:
Papers Published in National and International Journals:
- R Suresh, Lingayya Hiremath and G Vijaya Kumar, Application of Ultrasound and microbial Treatment for Biomass Effluent , Journal of Applied Sciences in Environmental Sanitation, ISSN 0126-2807, Jakarta Vol 6 (2011) 63-68.
- V Chayapathy , N Krishnan and R Suresh, Online Voltage mitigation in a gas fueled plant in a power system , International Engineering and Technology Journal of Electrical Analysis ISSN:0973-8088,Volume 4, P39-45,Number 2, 2010
- R Suresh, Rama Rao, Anita Various factors related to the development of bio-energy in the power sector, International Journal of Emerging Technologies and applications in Engineering, Technologies and Sciences (IJ-ETA-ETS),ISSN:0974-3588,Volume 2,P373-378,July 2009
- “Various factors related to the development of bio-energy in the power sector”, International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Applications in Engineering,Technologies and Sciences (IJ-ETA-ETS).
- Heat transfer studies on Glass Epoxy Composite Laminates-Effects of Heating rate and fiber fraction, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites,Vol.25, No.13/2006.
- Cyclone reactor-A Novel Method for hydrazine Synthesis, Institute of Engineers ( I ) journal-CH, Vol 56,September 2005.
- A Sedimentation Study to Optimize the Dispersion of Nano-Alumina Particles in water CERAMICA, Vol 51 (2005) 121-127, Brazilian Journal of Ceramics.
- Permeability and filtration studies of ceramic filters and membrane,Porocer-2008, International workshop on Porous Ceramics,Central Power Research Institute,8-11 January 2008.
- A Novel Method for Hydrazine Synthesis, National conference on Novel products and processes in chemical engineering and biotechnology, St.Joseph’s college of Engineering Chennai, Jan 2005.
International and National Conference:
- Studies on Extraction of Honge Oil from Pomgammia Pinnota to produce Bio-diesel, National Conference on Development cum Environment Friendly Future Industrial Fuels, Centre for Energy Studies, Kumara guru College of Technology, Coimbatore, May 2005.
- Preparation and Characterization of Polymer Composites Developed using Plant Fibers, National Conference on Recent Trends in Polymer Science and Technology, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, May 2005.
- Membrane Candidate for Fuel Cell, National Conference on Recent Trends in Polymer Science and Technology, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, May 2005.
- Hetero structured ZN/Cubic (ZN/MG)O nanorod based biosensor for E.coli detection, National conference on Emerging Trends in Bio-medical Signal Processing,ETBMSP-08,26th April 2008.
- Twist and speed monitoring in ring spinning machine using hand held instruments, National Conference on Recent Trends in Instrumentation, RVS College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul 4th Dec 2009.
- Performance study of Lignite –Bio mass Co-firing gasifiers, National conference on Advancements in Mechanical Engineering, VITE Mysore, 5th October 2009.
- Hardware design of fuzzy controller for biomass down draft gasifier with lab view Proceedings Tencon2010, Japan, IEEE Conference pp 2096 to 2101.
- Online Voltage mitigation in a gas fueled plant in a power system International Engineering and Technology Journal of Electrical Analysis,Vol 4, pp 39-45,Number 2, 2010, ISSN:0973-8088
- Automatic Control of Ash Extraction for a wood gasifier using Fuzzy Controller “International Conference on Process Automation, Control and Computing" ( PACC2011) during 20-22 July 2011 at Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore 641014jointly with IEEE , IEEE Catalog Number: CFP1166N-PRT, ISBN: 978-1-61284-762-7
- “Microcrystalline cellulose from groundnut shells for degradtion of cadmium “accepted for publication in acta biologica
- Synthesis of Hydrazine using cyclone reactor ( Completed),AICTE, New Delhi,Rs. 9,00,000/-.
- Development of Bio-fibre reinforced Sandwich structures (On-going),Ministry of Environment and Forests, Rs. 9,85,000/-.
- Permeability and filtration studies on ceramic filters (ongoing),BHEL, CTI, Bangalore,
- Fabrication and characterization of fiber metal laminates for gun barrel application using filament winding method Armament Research Board, DRDO,New Delhi,Rs 10,00,000/-.
- Design and synthesis of metal based sensitizers for nanocrystaline TiO2 Solar Cells Naval Research Board,DRDO, New Delhi,Rs. 10,00,000/-.
- Heat and Mass Transfer studies on Electroless Gold Plating Bath, Electronics and Radar Development Establishment
- Feasibility Studies on the use of various biomasses in the existing 100 kW biomass plant at R V CE , GE India Ltd ,Rs.2,00,000
- SolGel Derived Nanocomposite Structures for Environmental Gas Sensors, VTU Research Grants Rs.19,92,000